Business Systems Analyst II
We have a position for a Business Systems Analyst. Please review the following description and forward your resume to Melanie at email@example.com
Business Systems Analyst, Austin, TX
Please send resume to Melanie - firstname.lastname@example.org
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science or related field. Related experience may be substituted for a degree on a year for year basis for up to four (4) years
· Three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in ERP in Public sector
· Three (5) years of experience of business analyst (including process improvement) work required
· Proficiency using Microsoft Office 365 Suite, Microsoft Project Online and Structure Query Language (SQL) statements.
The Business Systems Analyst reports to Finance Systems – Program Manager. The position is responsible for gathering and documenting the current As Is and To Be business process of ERP systems. Also support in drafting the business cases for demo during the Expression of Interest phase. The Analysts will work within the Capital Metro Enterprise Project Management framework and strategic design/ maintenance of ERP applications and data. Ensures that the user requirements are gathered and documented, reviewed and approved by the stake holders
· Identify operational objectives by studying financial business functions; gathering information and evaluating output requirements and formats
· Analyze business process potentials for streamlining and improvements in efficiencies and documenting in Visio and word
· Compile information and interpret complex data and structure into meaningful reports
· Being an interface between business and technology teams, to communicate business needs
· Interpret and organize data/process into actionable recommendations and document them
· Perform as a subject matter expert in one or more of these areas Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables, General Ledger, Cash and Bank, Fixed Assets, Grants, Project Accounting, Travel & Expense Management, Payroll, and Procurement
· Recommend alternatives for any client’s request and manage project within original boundaries
· Perform other duties as required and/or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate well with technical and non-technical persons.
· Ability to lead and train teams on process improvement initiatives.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships including the ability to work and lead in a team environment.
· Ability to write and understand both technical designs and project specifications.
· Ability to manage several diverse projects simultaneously.
· Ability to identify critical risk factors that may impact the project.
· Excellent organizational abilities and attention to detail.
· Demonstrated dedication to customer service.
· Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
· Strong trend analysis and performance reporting skills