Hello there, we are seeking a
for our client located in Birmingham, AL
Please review the details below.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to our Recruiter - Paula: Paula.Bremer@kupplin.com
Location: Birmingham, AL
. To maintain integrity of the operating system environment. To perform system software upgrades including planning and scheduling, testing, and coordination. To perform workstation and server administration setup. To coordinate disk space planning and management. To maintain growth statistics, space forecasts, tape libraries, and software and hardware inventories. To perform data backups and recoveries. To monitor and maintain continuity with system software licensing and maintenance agreements. To provide recommendations regarding hardware and system software planning and budgeting. To maintain production change control schedule and participates in change control.
Associate s degree in Information Systems or a related field and two (2) years of related experience required. Work experience may substitute for education requirement.
◦ Installing, configuring and administering Windows Server Operating Systems
◦ Installing, configuring and administering Linux
◦ Using Active Directory and Group Policy
◦ Managing file and directory permissions
◦ Automate tasks via scripting (PowerShell, VBScript)
◦ Working in VMware to configure and administer virtual servers
◦ Basic knowledge of administering Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop