Accounts Payable Clerk
Accounts Payable role, Permanent position - Round Rock, TX
Please send your resume directly to Melanie - email@example.com
Our direct client in Round Rock, TX, has a permanent position for an Accounts Payable Clerk with some accounting knowledge. Please review the following description and forward your resume if you're a fit.
The Accounts Payable Clerk provides administrative financial services and ensures that complete and accurate payables and payment records are maintained. Responsible for one or more of the following activities: checks and verifies records, audits vendor invoices for compliance, enters vouchers, types, files and balances and reconciles accounts payable records and other general ledger accounts. Uses office automated systems to input data, generate reports, conduct specialized research projects, and respond to inquiries. This position will reconcile vendor accounts and may be responsible for a complete and systematic set of transactions in the accounts payable cycle. The position performs all duties as assigned by the CFO or Corporate Controller.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Sorts mail; stamps non-purchase order invoices and codes appropriately
• Obtains invoice approvals via automated system to include routing to department managers
• Vouches approved invoices into Timberline/Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate ERP system for payment
• Audit vendor invoices to verify quantities, part numbers, descriptions and pricing and matches material receipt and packing slips or evidence of services performed to the items billed.
• Communicate discrepancies to the product managers or business departments for review and resolution.
• Works with Controller and revenue accountant to complete weekly check run. Duties include printing checks, matching invoices to check copies, stuffing and mailing signed checks.
• Reconciles payables subsidiary ledger to the general ledger monthly
• Reviews and reconciles basic ledger accounts as requested (e.g. prepaids, fixed assets)
• Maintains vendor files
• Processes manual checks and wire transfers
• Experience with automated accounting systems a must
• Basic accounting knowledge required and proficiency with Microsoft Office required.
• Maintain good working relationships with vendors and across departments.
• Discretion regarding confidential information
Education & Formal Training:
• High School diploma required
• 3+ years of Accounts Payable and/or general accounting experience required.
• Knowledge of financial and accounting principles and practices
• Experience with ERP system use, (Timberline experience a strong plus)
• Experience with Concur/expense reporting a plus
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Excel required.
• Highest standards of accuracy and precision, highly organized.
• Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated.
In addition to a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a 401k plan, we offer qualified candidates an advancement opportunity within a growing company.