Please review the details below.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to our Recruiter - Paula: Paula.Bremer@kupplin.com
Title: Enterprise Data Architect
Duration: 3 months contract to hire
Location: Atlanta, GA
The Enterprise Data Architect will lead architecture and data modeling for the data delivery teams. The Enterprise Data Architect works with ETL developers, BI developers, project management and IT leaders to align data delivery teams to a common technological and architectural vision of the solution under development. They participate in defining the systems and subsystems, validate technology assumptions, identify risks and dependencies, and evaluate alternatives through hands-on research, discovery, and prototyping. They support solution development through providing, communicating, and evolving the larger technological and architectural view of the solution. They frame solution alternatives in both Technology and Business terms, ensuring that business decisions are not made in isolation of their technical implications, and vice versa. In addition, the Enterprise Data Architect will be responsible for the development of the standards and practices by which enterprise data are stored, moved, consumed, shared, documented and integrated.
· Develops and maintains the enterprise data model, analyzes and aligns the enterprise model with other business models; defines and maintains the data integration architecture; models the future state of the data architecture and provides data architecture best practices and guidelines.
· Evaluates new technologies and defines how to maximize the benefits of those technologies such as rapid data acquisition, unstructured data, predictive modeling, and data visualization.
· Participates in the evaluation, selection, and implementation of data related software product standards, and the design of standard configurations.
· Creates and evangelizes a holistic data architecture vision, analyzes the current data management environment to identify critical deficiencies, and designs and proposes solutions for improvement.
· Participates in planning, definition, and high-level design of solutions, explores solution alternatives, and develops required documentation.
· Gathers reporting requirements from physicians, administrators and other key stakeholders, turning those requirements into data models, analyzing source system data, and developing source-to-target specifications for the ETL teams.
· Designs and implements batch data integration, develops data mappings and data load routines and other artifacts necessary to implement ETL integrations.
· “Sells” the data architecture process, its outcomes, and ongoing value to the business and stakeholders.
· Understands, masters and references the master data integration needs, metadata requirements and integration needs; defines, develops and maintains the metadata and integration architecture standards; implements, creates, maintains, distributes, delivers and manages metadata and master data management solutions, environment and repositories; replicates reference and master data; maintains dimensional hierarchies; supports metadata reporting and analysis.
· Partners with other Enterprise Architects and Solution Architects to provide a consensus based scalable and adaptable architectural solution
· Develops and maintains policies, standards, and guidelines to ensure that a consistent framework is applied across the healthcare system.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, information management, or related field
·10 years of experience with data warehousing or similar IT application.
·Prior experience in IT architecture designing and implementing roles in large-scale, distributed and complex IT environments.