Planning Engineer ERCTJP00001960
• Performs engineering studies including power flow, voltage security, and/or dynamic stability analysis.
• Runs appropriate scenarios and input variations to result in robust results, analyzes study accuracy and assigns confidence metrics, helps formulate conclusions and recommendations, prepares reports and presentations.
• Develops and documents operating plans, procedures and limits that allow the reliable and efficient operation of the system.
• Performs and/or reviews performance of resource qualification testing and performance evaluation.
• Analyzes system control performance and provides tuning and other modifications to maintain reliable operations, including analysis for development of ancillary service requirements and quantities.
• Assists in the preparation of operations reports for management, NERC, ERCOT, and other entities.
• Gathers and analyzes information on operating conditions and events, helps formulate conclusions and improvement recommendations and assists in preparing reports.
• Supports development and performance of advanced applications for operations, including State Estimator, Voltage Security Analysis, Load and renewables Forecast, Contingency Analysis, Power Flow, and Transient Stability Analysis.
• Develops and deploys situational awareness and system monitoring applications and tools for operations, management, and external entities.
• Assists market participants to update power system dynamic models.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field, or a combination of education and experience that provides the applicant with knowledge equivalent to a major in such fields.
• Minimum 3 years (in excess of degree requirements stated above) of progressively responsible experience as a power system engineer or similar type role.
• Understanding of power system dynamic models
• Familiar with PSS/E dynamic stability analysis and Python programming
Preferred Work Experience:
• Experience performing large-scale dynamic stability analyses using power system simulation models (PSSE, TSAT, Powerworld).
• Experience evaluating and updating power system dynamic models
• Experience assisting in the development of improvements to transmission planning processes.
• Experience with transmission analysis projects