Please review the job requirements below. If you have any questions- feel free to contact Ali. T at 512-270-6705 / email@example.com
Title: Network Engineer (Level 2)
Duration: 12 Months Plus
At a senior level, plans, designs, installs, configures, and troubleshoots network systems including Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), Wireless LAN (WLAN), Voice over IP (VoIP) telephony, and Unified Computing Systems (UCS) supporting Hydromet, generation and substation operations. Designs new implementations via the application of architectural standards and performs configuration of physical and logical network components. Assists in the design of the network architecture, designs the network infrastructure, and plans and designs network solutions. Performs capacity and resource planning, assessing network risks and contingency planning. Implements and maintains network management software. Researches, analyzes, and implements software patches or hardware changes to address any network deficiencies. Provides Tier 2 support. Involved in the evaluation of new products and services and may manage vendor service level agreements. This position utilizes in-depth knowledge of best practices and experience in own discipline to provide and improve services. Takes a new perspective to solve complex problems. Works independently and receives minimal guidance. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. May direct the work of other staff members.
· Designs, installs and troubleshoots networks incorporating routers, multilayer switches, firewalls, load balancers, and unified computing.
· Proactively monitors, analyzes and reviews multi-platform computing environment and executes problem avoidance practices in order to maintain a high level of reliability and availability.
· Identifies best and least cost network solutions that meet stringent security and availability requirements.
· Solves problems causing network outages including identifying issues with hardware, operating system, application and capacity.
· Acts as the owner of a problem through resolution. Analyzes issue and takes actions to resolve problems (including Root Cause Analysis and Problem Remediation).
· Drafts, updates and follows detailed work instructions relating to network maintenance.
· Acts as subject matter expert while working with vendors, documenting best practices and configuring network tools.
· Documents changes made to systems or equipment through appropriate communications and record keeping practices. Documents work into logs, files, system prints and other records and through communications, both verbal and written, with other team members and supervisors.
· May provide on-the-job training and guidance for colleagues with less experience
Other Special Requirements: Background checks will be required prior to acceptance. Details concerning background check requirements will be provided. However, the background interpretation requirements are listed below.
LCRA Background Check Interpretation Requirements
Further Review Required
Investigate any instances where “Address Mover” name returned DOES NOT match the name submitted, or no address history is returned for the subject submitted. This could indicate the named person is inappropriately using another person’s name.
Terms and Conditions:
· This position is subject to funding.
· Some work hours are spent in warehouses, mechanical plants or electric substations
· Work involves weekends, holidays and non-standard hours
· Work involves providing 24/7/365 on-call support on a rotating basis
II. WORKER SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
9 Knowledge of areas including LAN, WAN, WLAN, VPN, Citrix Load Balancing, Cisco 1000v, Cisco ASA, ASAv, and Juniper Firewalling. Cisco VoIP, Cisco Unified Computing (UCS)
9 Experience in ACI, NSX, other Automation/SDN, Nexus, Catalyst, UCS, VPC, BGP, OSPF, MPLS, VMware, VDS, 1000v, Citrix NetScaler
9 Knowledge of network related platforms, technologies, and protocols inclusive of Cisco IOS, Cisco NX-OS, Juniper JunOS, Data Center Intrconnect (DCI), Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS), virtualization, overlays (VXLAN or OTV), OSPF, BGP, VRF, DNS, and DHCP
9 Knowledge of VoIP technologies that include Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) 9.X, Contact Center (CCX), and Unity.
9 Experience with a variety of related management tools that include Solarwinds Orion and Infoblox.
9 Experience with cloud technologies such as VMware, OpenStack, and CloudStack.
9 Double CCIE with Route/Switch and Data Center
9 Skill in analyzing and solving complex problems
9 Skill in verbal and written communication
9 Skill in communicating effectively with team members, supervision/management and external organizations under normal and emergency conditions
9 One or more Certifications – Cisco CCIE, Double CCIE