Entry Level Power System Engineer - DM
5848 - DM
Soal Technologies are hiring for an Entry Level Power Systems Engineer opening. (This is long term, contract to hire opportunity near to Round Rock, TX)
This will start asap so please do not hesitate to submit a resume for consideration along with your availability to phone interview.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
-- Must have Bachelors Degree Electrical Engineer or related field a MUST HAVE ---
Description: Provides engineering analysis and technical support to ensure continuing reliable operations of the electric power grid in compliance with NERC Standards/Protocols.
Provides electrical engineering analysis and technical support for the planning and operation of the electric power system. Implements appropriate system modeling, develops tools and procedures to perform system studies, analyzes simulated or actual operating results, develops solutions to current or future system issues, and appropriately reports findings and recommendations.
• Analyzes transmission network data including Transmission and Generation element parameters.
• Works closely with Client Services and System Planning.
• Works with EMS and Transmission Planning load flow cases to provide accurate power system analysis.
• Reviews and develops methods to increase model accuracy including data comparisons and validity checks.
• Develops, enhances, and maintains reports associated with Protocol and Guide compliance criteria.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field,
• Zero to one year experience of progressively responsible experience preferably in an electric utility or similar industry.
Nice to have:
• Do not have to have but some experience within the electric utility industry a plus.
• Any knowledge on running power system load flow studies in PSSE or running transfer analysis systems studies.
• Ability to write technical reports of in depth analysis completed.
• Experience with VBA or other programming language.
• Experience creating queries in Access, Oracle, or SQL or TARA