Java and Groovy Developer AMDJP00001042
We are looking for an experienced Java and Groovy developer to assist with efforts to replace a custom build flow for AMD's SoC development teams with a Gradle and Jenkins-based system.
A successful candidate for this role will have significant experience using industry standard software build and release tools such as Gradle, Artifactory, and Jenkins, along with a track record of improving the efficiency of software development teams through automation and scripting.
• Create custom plugins for Gradle and Jenkins to enable those tools to interact with our custom build tools.
• Create Gradle build scripts to replace existing build scripts used for our in-house tool.
• Design, build, test, monitor, manage and maintain tool-chains for critical functions
• Own and drive improvements to our build, simulation and release scripts, tools, and processes
• Bring new automation technologies to improve the velocity and quality of our engineering efforts
• Computer Science/Engineering Degree or equivalent
• 5+ Years’ Experience using Groovy and/or Java
• Experience setting up continuous integration pipelines using tools such as Jenkins
• Strong working knowledge of other scripting languages including shell, Perl, Python, and/or Ruby
• Experience with unit test frameworks such as jUnit.
• Strong background in object oriented programming
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work onsite in Austin, TX for the duration of the engagement