Special Procedure Technologist
an integrated two- hospital system headquartered in the vibrant and beautiful Puget Sound area just outside of Seattle, seeks a Special Procedures Tech
for its main campus 300–bed Hospital located in Kirkland, WA that includes two busy labs and recovery area. A third biplane lab and additional recovery beds are in construction.
The Special Procedures Technologist assists physicians in both diagnostic and interventional cardiac, radiology, vascular and neuro procedures. The special procedures technologist assists the physician in the completion of vascular imaging procedures to include, but not be limited to, interventional radiology, cardiac, vascular and neuro interventional in addition to the duties of a radiologic technologist.
Enjoy your career at an award-winning, community hospital in a locale that will have you wondering why you ever chose to live anywhere else.
Come join the EvergreenHealth team, where we consistently earn top honors for patient care and continually look for new and innovative ways to improve. Be part of a team where you can make a difference, all while enjoying the quality of life that the Seattle area provides.
• Understands how to set, adjust and control a variety of electronic equipment to apply ionizing radiation for radiographic examinations.
• Has detailed knowledge of all exams that can be performed in the Cardiac Cath or Interventional Labs and can explain components to patients and their families.
• Demonstrated operational competence in use and maintenance of all equipment used in vascular imaging procedure including: physiological monitors, digital subtraction angiography, cine radiography, contrast injector, radiofrequency ablation, angiojet device and temporary pacemaker.
• Performs the role of scrub, circulating, and monitoring technologist.
• Demonstrates operational competence with, but not limited to, vascular imaging equipment, digital subtraction angiography, physiological monitoring equipment, contrast injectors, pacemakers, intra-aortic balloon pumps and atherectomy devices.
• Performs other duties as assigned
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
• Current ARRT or RCIS registration/current State of Washington Registry/Certification or Registry-eligible
•1 year of experience in radiology setting.
•1 year of experience Cardiac Cath/Interventional Lab Experience.
•1 year of experience Invasive radiology and/or neuro experience Experience.
• Current BLS Healthcare Provider certification by date of hire
• Must have oral and written language skills, visual and aural skills in order to communicate, ensure and deliver safe patient care and to provide a legal record of care.
• Must have necessary knowledge and training to care for the specific age group under his or her care.
DESIRED for the position:
• Two years’ experience with vascular imaging procedures including interventional radiology, cardiac catheterization and neuro interventional.
* This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between EvergreenHealth and the United Food and Commercial Workers (UFCW), Local 21.
Comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, vision and retirement plans, free parking, Relocation reimbursement and much more!
*** $5000. SIGN ON BONUS with minimum of 2 Years Cardiac Cath/Interventional Lab Experience.***