Sofware Developer III Enterprise
To participate as high level technical expert in design development, coding, testing, and debugging new software or significant enhancements to existing software for their party customers. To work with technical staff to understand problems with software and develops specifications to resolve them. To resolve customer complaints with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements from third party customers. To participate in the development of software user manuals. To act as team leader on less complex projects. To assist in training less experienced software development staff.
Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or a related field and four (4) years of related experience required. Work experience may NOT substitute for education requirement.
• 4+ years of Java and Java EE Technologies Development experience required
• 4+ years of experience in Java-based containers including installation, configuration and deployment is required
• 4+ years of experience in Spring framework, RESTful web services, iBatis or Hibernate is required
• 3+ years of experience in Oracle SQL technologies and the ability to analyze data via SQL queries is required
• Knowledge of HTML5, Bootstrap, CSS, JSP, XML, Standard Web Design tools is preferred
• Knowledge of web infrastructure, including LDAP, Web Servers, IP networking, and firewalls
• Knowledge of Identity Management, SSO, CAS, SAML, OAuth 2.0 is a plus
• 3+ years of experience in iterative software development methodologies including Agile or Scrum and familiarity with leading or participating in sprints, backlog management and daily standups is desirable
1) 21% of salary is geared toward flexible spending for benefits
2) Benefits start immediately - day 1
3) 120 hours of PTO/Vacation first year
4) Full Health benefits (taken from 21% flexible spending - leftover money can be spent on other benefits UAB provides)
5) 403B - similar to 401k but a retirement plan for non profits. (Company invest 5% of salary match) You can invest as much as you want.
6) Education at UAB is reimbursed after 6 months then fully covered by UAB for the employee (if he/she wishes to enroll in school). UAB pays for 50% of employee's spouse or children to attend UAB (this covers as many children as needed).