Product Manager, Software
5499 - DF
Wonderful long-term opportunity in Austin, TX. Please contact Damon Faigle at 512-543-9562 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Product Manager, Software, will be responsible for all product management activities associated with the building and commercialization of next-generation software solutions, as well as the ongoing support of on-market software solutions. The successful candidate will ensure that Marketing activities align with the corporate and global software strategy.
Required Work Experience:
• 3-7 years software product development and marketing required
• Commercialization of software for Life Science and/or Diagnostic instruments preferred
• Working with a software development team and preferred to have software development experience in background
• Experience working closely with Sales and Regional Marketing to ensure successful execution of product strategy and high level of customer satisfaction
• Familiarity with global regulatory environment associated with diagnostic laboratory testing preferred
• Must have Experience working within a quality systems environment and understanding of managing products in an IVD environment
( In vitro diagnostic device (IVD) A medical device is an in vitro diagnostic medical device (IVD) if it is a reagent, calibrator, control material, kit, specimen receptacle, software, instrument, apparatus, equipment or system, whether used alone or in combination with other diagnostic goods for in vitro )
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
1. Partner with instrument product managers, assay product managers and Regional Marketing to ensure all Marketing activities are aligLined with business objectives.
2. Work with IT and manufacturing to ensure cost-effective execution of the software distribution strategy.
3. Participate in UI, architecture and bug review meetings throughout the course of new product development projects as part of the Agile development process.
4. Develop and prioritize Product Backlog Items (PBIs) and answer questions from R&D on implementation details.
5. Develop and maintain software customer and product requirements using customer feedback
6. Using customer feedback, develop and communicate the customer use cases for how the customer will use software products.
7. Train Sales, Service and Support to use, sell and support software products.
8. With help from Manager, develop customer and partner-facing training and Marketing materials for new and existing software products.
9. Provide general support of software-related programs and tasks.
• Customer Focus— dedication to the customer and earns their trust and respect
• Organizational Agility—knows how to go through the proper channels to get things done
• Peer Relationship—cooperative, team player, trusted and supported by peers
• Presentation Skills—effective in all settings such as one-on-ones, with small or large groups, with peers or bosses, etc.
• Problem Solving— identifies complex problems and reviews related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
• Process Management—ability to simplify complex processes and to organize people and activities
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Life Sciences or related discipline, or more than 4 years related experience and/or training
Required Certifications/License/Special Skills:
• Adept at managing multiple projects. Key skill sets required are diplomacy, project management, and negotiations expertise
• Portfolio planning, lifecycle management, market research, new product launches and corresponding collateral materials
• Experience with commercializing software including distribution, sales/support training and creating customer-focused training materials
• Understanding of Agile product development methodology preferred
• Understanding of LIS and Middleware solutions and integration for hospital lab networks preferred
• Excellent oral and written communication skills (with all levels within the organization)
• Ideal candidate will be a hands-on, goal-oriented individual
• Self-starter and enthusiastic with a bias for action
• Strong interpersonal skills for building and maintaining both internal and external relationships
• Self-confident, self-motivated and strong work ethic
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word