CET (Critical Environment Technician)
Our direct client has a position for a CET (Critical Environment Technician)
Please send your resume to Melanie - email@example.com.
This is with a Data Center. Seeking someone with solid HVAC and Electrical experience in mission-critical environments.
Critical Environment Technician – Construction/Facilities
Our direct client is seeking a CET (Critical Environment Technician) in Quincy, WA. Must have solid experience with HVAC and electric. Will be joining the facilities management team. Will provide day to day support of operational and maintenance issues for modular data centers at our major customer locations. Will assist troubleshooting of system operational issues, oversee and manage all ongoing preventative maintenance and repair issues as they arise to ensure that all critical equipment is properly operated, maintained and serviced. The role is hands-on, customer interfacing, and leverages project and performance management and technical principles to accomplish the work.
Our CET’s will have the ability to develop and leverage long-term relationships with customers, vendors and other parties and take ownership of our facility maintenance projects. They will monitor and follow-up on project procurement, control and scheduling, ensure project scope, meeting minutes, job safety, quality assurance and change order requests are in compliance with contract documents and our customers’ requirements. Monitoring, controlling and updating project schedules, the CET will also serve as our client’s first source of technical information on project plans, specifications, and requests for information. Based on the level of experience, the CET may also be involved in deployment of modular data centers at various customer sites throughout the United States, necessitating some travel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall hands-on oversite and performance of maintenance of modular data center installations to ensure that all critical equipment is properly operated, maintained and serviced following manufacturer recommendations, building rules and company policies.
- Maintain all facilities and equipment at the highest levels of safety, security, sanitation and efficiency.
- Ensure that customer and the Director of Facilities Management receive timely verbal and written operating reports of the condition of the building/facility’s critical systems and the present level of on0going preventative maintenance.
- Identify early warning of construction, Mechanical and Electrical risks and issues. Perform detailed analysis of problems and all possible solutions and perform agreed upon solution to resolve problems.
- Monitor tools, parts, materials and supplies as required to maintain adequate in-house inventory for the performance of routine repairs, scheduled preventative maintenance and normal daily operation of critical systems.
- Investigate and recommend ways to reduce the cost of maintenance or improvement projects
- Performs detailed analyses of problems and identifies possible solutions. Develop and recommend projects based on operational need, and/or energy and cost conservation
- Assists in the development of standard operating procedures/building operating protocols and assists in their implementation.
- Be familiar with and ensure compliance with applicable building and safety codes and local, state and federal rules, codes and regulations
- Negotiate and prepare subcontracts, contract purchase orders, change orders and change order requests.
- Coordinate and control and supervise subcontractors performing maintenance and facility improvement projects.
- Be available for off-hour emergency work.
- For senior levels, supervise, schedule, train and provide oversight to junior CET’s at facility or in regional team
- These are hands on positions that work side by side at all levels performing specific tasks as required.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
3-5 years minimum experience in the installation or maintenance of mission-critical infrastructure systems in data center or technical facilities
Familiarity with modular data centers a plus.
HVAC or Electrical with a Journeyman preferred or equivalent experience
Strong troubleshooting background and issue resolution
Must show ability to utilize excel for data analysis
Ability to operate independently and as part of a team
Must have technical knowledge, scheduling and organizational skills
Intermediate knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems required
Excellent verbal, written and facilitation skills and client-service focused mindset